Thursday, January 9, 2014

Handmade Holidays

Now that the holiday's are over and my kids are finally back to school after this crazy blizzard Missouri had last week I can maybe get some things finished! I love my kid's but a routine is the way to go and we all needed things to get back to a routine!

This is going to be a series on everything I made for Christmas gifts this year. I tried to make most of my gifts since I tend to hoard fabric like crazy and needed to work on getting rid of some of it. So every day I will post a picture of something I made for a gift.

First up, I have a ton of nieces and nephews on my husband's side and instead of getting them all toys I made them a piece of clothing. I hope they know how much love goes into making someone else clothing. When I make things for others I tend to over think the fabric selection and what pattern I will be using!

This is the outfits I made for my beautiful niece, H, who we don't get to see as often as I would like to! I hope she enjoyed her Christmas outfit and a little dress I made her for their vacation to Hawaii!


This Christmas outfit was used with corduroy fabric I found at Hancock Fabric's. The black and red have little Scottie dogs on it and then there's the black and white houndstooth. The pattern for the skirt is CKC's Amanda's triple ruffle skirt. I love this skirt, it's so cute and you can change it up so many ways using 1 to 4 different fabrics. The turtle neck I picked up at our local Wal-Mart and I found the little Scottie iron on at our Ace Hardware, that carries fabric. I sent this with a pair of red tights for her to wear for Christmas.


This dress I made because they are going to Hawaii and I've had this fabric sitting in my stash forever! I picked it up at our local resale shop, I think it was 4 yards for $2, it was a light weight cotton that I thought would make nice summer dresses. I think it looks very tropical and perfect for a Hawaii beach day! I used the CKC Lorelai's pattern but modified the skirt part omitting the ruffles and using just one fabric. The bodice material I picked up at our Ace Hardware and it's sort of a camo print but it matched the flower fabric prefect.

Check back tomorrow for my next handmade gift tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: