Friday, January 10, 2014

Handmade Holidays 2

Since I have so many gifts to show and thought it crazy to make a post for each one, I've divided the gifts given by families to cut down on the amount of posts!

These handmade goodies were made for some of the nieces and nephews on my husband's side.



The vest/tie onesies were from a pattern I drafted myself based on the onesies I had on hand. I used my favorite sewing tool, aisle runner from the bridal department, to trace the shape of the neck line and sleeves, then drafted my pattern from that. What's cuter than a baby in a onesie that looks like a suit?! The material used was from Jo-Ann's and I used Steam 2 Steam to iron the vest/tie onto the onesie then sewed around the edges. Some I used a zig zag stitch and others I just used a straight stitch. I added the buttons after that.


This dress was made for P who has a lot of spunk in her! All the material used was from Ace Hardware and the shirt was from Target. This is a modified version of CKC Cosettes knit and woven dress pattern. Instead of making my own bodice piece I used an existing t-shirt but my sash is still attached to the dress. I had already cut out my woven pieces when I realized my sash was in pieces so I worked some sewing magic and had to figure out a way to sew it on.


This top is made for my niece F, using fabric from Ace Hardware again! I do love this top pattern, how cute will it look with a pair of leggings! This is CKC Maisy's ruffle top pattern, made with 3/4 length sleeves. For all the nieces I paired their outfits with a necklace from Cookie Crumb Couture, I actually had the necklaces first and then found material to match them!

Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow to check out more handmade gifts!
 
Sew Much Ado

No comments: