Monday, October 21, 2013

Sewing Swap Part 2


This is the second outfit I made for the Create Kids Couture Swap that I did last month. I got paired with a partner for each of my kids ages/sizes and we each made surprise outfits for each other. This is The Goodship Dress that I have had stashed in my patterns for quite some time and just never made it. What a great excuse to pull it out and make one up, because it is so cute! I used some pink with brown button print corduroy from Jo-Ann's for the main dress and brown cotton for the collar, pleat and bow.

The pattern was a little confusing at times, for instance, it just tells you to make binding but never says if it's single or double fold and I had to figure it out for myself. I think this pattern is for an advanced beginner just because there are some parts that you really need to think over, or maybe it's just me!

I love how this dress turned out and it will be great for colder months layered or alone in the warmer months. I'll have to make my daughter one for herself now!



No comments: